Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life Update

Those that have read my blog have realized that my last 2 posts are very formal and contain a lot of input about life.  Today's blog, however, is going to be quite different I decided.  I'm just going to ramble and see what happens.  This past weekend i was able to go home and spend a lot of time with my friends and family.  And outside.  Literally all buy 17-20 hours was spend outside or in a lake.  It was a blast!  It's so fun to be able to go home to friends that you've known for years and just hang out.  Laugh at everything, be your silly self, play volleyball, whatever.  That's the best part about summer for me. 

The weekend continued to get better as Sunday came along.  Church was amazing this weekend!  I felt a tug on my heart when a song came up about being free in Christ and that your sins are forgiven, they have no power of condemnation over us anymore.  I had always known that, but never really grasped it and believed it for myself.  I've made many mistakes in the past.  And I've always sort of felt like what I'd done was unforgivable.  That I'd just crossed that like and couldn't get back.

SO this song really spoke to me and just brought me to tears.  What I experienced then is something I don't think I can put into words.  Even if I did, nearly all of the readers would think I'd fell off my rocker, not that I care when it comes to the joy of the Lord, but let me just say that it was something I'd never experienced before.  God WAS with me. I AM forgiven.  I AM His child and He DOES love me.

Sometimes it's so hard to realize that after knowing how we've lived in a past life.  Bad things happen in our pasts, hurt hearts, broken lives, damaged emotions, anything....it can all be taken away at the foot of the cross.  Only we, as humans, can prevent ourselves from receiving Christ's love.

...Ok so maybe that was a deep blog again.  Like I said, I just speak what's on my heart.

In other news, my best girlfriends and old room mates are here for a couple days.  Today is pool day and I'm pretty stoked.  Nothing like having your girlfriends around to have fun with :)

And in more recent news, I officially have a job.  In my field.  I'm pretty excited about this fact!  I'll be a family support worker and I'm ready to gain some good experience.  I do miss my home so much though.  MN is where my heart's at, and mark my words, I WILL be returning there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment